The Northamptonshire Acquired Brain Injury Forum (ABIF Northants) brings together services from the public, independent and voluntary sectors who are working with people who have had a brain injury and their families. It’s aim is to improve the coordination of what is provided across the County and to provide better information and education to local NHS and social care service commissioners. ABIF Northants has developed a number of key resources to spread the word about acquired brain injury in Northamptonshire, to support people caring for, or working with individuals and families, living across the County with a brain injury.
An awareness raising Poster, that has details of local services offering support and information about acquired brain injury should be in your GP surgery, pharmacy, library, hospital, etc. It contains details of the two local groups of Headway, the brain injuries association (at Northampton and Irthlingborough); the NHS Community Neurorehabilitation Team; and support available for relatives. In addition, it details ABIF Northant’s other resources, the Local Services Directory and website. There are also minutes on the website from the meetings of the Steering Group for ABIF Northants that will allow anyone with an interest in acquired brain injury locally to see the current focus of the group’s work and to consider getting involved.
ABIF Northants, is affiliated to the United Kingdom Acquired Brain Injury Forum (www.ukabif.org.uk) and is reliant on the freely contributed time and energy of its members, if acquired brain injury has affected you or your family in Northamptonshire, we hope to be able to assist you in finding the right help, support or information.
Current membership includes:
- The Community Neurorehabilitation Service – Northants (NHS)
- Brethertons LLP
- Badby Park Neurological Care Centre (Daventry)
- The National Brain Injury Centre (St Andrew’s Healthcare, Northampton)
- Headway East Northants
- Headway Northampton
- Dr Martyn Rose (Consultant in Neuropsychiatric Rehabilitation)
- The Oakleaf Group
- Christchurch Group
- OT is FAB Ltd
- JE Jackson Ltd (Case Managers)
- The Richardson Partnership
- Access Legal at Shoosmiths (Solicitors, Northampton)
- Tollers (Solicitors, Northampton)
- Minster Law (Solicitors)
- Independent Clinical Services
- Independent Case Management Limited
- Independent Community Care Management
- Partnerships in Care (Grafton Manor, Northampton)
- VP Forensics