Information for professionals working within brain injury services
There are regular conferences focused on aspects of working with individuals and families/carers where a brain injury has had an impact. Some of these, along with a brief description are shown below. If you are aware of one that you think will be of interest to other professionals in the area please email……
Thu, 07 July 2011 09:00 – 16:45 Exchange seminars presents ‘He looks ok!’
A severe brain injury seminar devoted to evidencing the challenges faced by those with brain injury. The seminar will look at how severe brain injury can be managed and the challenges lawyers face when gathering the evidence.
Location: Exchange Chambers, Oxford House, Oxford Row, Leeds LS1 3BE
Mon, 12 September 2011 09:00 – 17:00 Headway Conference and Exhibition 2011
- Alcohol and substance misuse after brain injury – the scale of the problem and how to deal with it John Corrigan, Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Ohio State University
- Brain injury and its implications for offender rehabilitation Huw Williams, Professor in Clinical Neuropsychology, University of Exeter
- Neuropsychology – assessment and treatment Narinder Kapur, Consultant Neuropsychologist, University of Southampton
- Life after brain injury – a mother’s perspective Jane Hales
Location: Barcelo Hinckley Island Hotel, Leicestershire
September 21st – 22nd Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust (BIRT) present ‘Inspiring learning and innovation in brain injury rehabilitation’
The 2011 conference from the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust will look at the latest developments and strategies for the treatment and rehabilitation of people with acquired brain injury. This is the fourth in BIRT’s series of biennial brain injury conferences.
Thu, 03 November 2011 – Fri, 04 November 2011 08:00 – 17:00 A Life Changed – Case Management Intervention
Location: The Hilton Gatwick Hotel, Gatwick Airport
This two day event will include many areas of interest to anyone accessing rehabilitation for personal injury clients. The focus for this year’s conference will be the management of complex cases. The programme ncludes the presentation of the CMSUK Case Manager of the Year Award 2011 & Dinner Dance
Thu, 10 November 2011 UKABIF Annual Conference
Location: The National Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham
Presentations will include
- Mental Imagery for Neurorehabilitation, Commissioning – How will affect services for ABI?
- Coma and PVS
- Encephalitis – an update
- From Feeds to Food: Nutrition Support after ABI
- Post traumatic epilepsy and treatment.
- Rehabilitation of Memory.